Liverpool, Arsenal, Wolverhampton win big at home in EPL as Sarri fumes.

Liverpool 4-3 Crystal Palace

Liverpool came from behind to defeat a very impressive Crystal palace in a seven goal thriller at Anfield.

Mohammed Salah scored twice to take his goal tally to 50th premier League goal.

Liverpool had dominated the vast majority of the first half at Anfield but it was the visitors, Palace who broke the deadlock through Andros Townsend, who beat Alisson from close range after Wilfried Zaha pulled a cross back.

The hosts came out for the second period with goals on the agenda, and it took just one minute for Salah to equalise before they went ahead seven minutes later through Roberto Firmino.

Palace were not down and out just yet, though, and James Tomkins capitalised on poor defending to head his side level from a corner.

The Reds led 3-2 as the final whistle of a topsy-turvy match approached, but after James Milner was sent off in the 89th minute for two yellow-card offences, it was a nervy ending as the Premier League leaders desperately tried to hold on to their lead.

However, a calamitous error by Julian Speroni – making his first appearance since December 2017 – handed Liverpool an advantage they did not relinquish again, the visitors’ keeper scooping the ball towards his own net for Salah to poke in from on the line.

The win was ultimately secured when Sadio Mane added a fourth in stoppage time, though there was still time for Max Meyer to score a consolation for the visitors.

With the rest of the top four yet to play this weekend, Liverpool remain seven points clear at the top of the table, while Crystal Palace stay 14th.

The Red devil’s winning streak continues

Manchester United 2-1 Brighton.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is still enjoying an impressive run as he became the first Manchester United manager to win the first six league games in charge defeating the visiting Brighton side.

It was United’s seventh straight win since the Norwegian took over at Old Trafford on an interim basis a month ago and they are now just three points off fourth-placed Chelsea, who lost to Arsenal in Saturday’s late kick-off.

Paul Pogba converted a penalty toput United in front after been fouled iside the box in the 27th minute.

Marcus Rashford doubled the lead just before half-time with a beautiful solo goal on his 150th appearance for the club.

However, Pascal Gross halved the deficit for the visitors when he scored in off the bar with just over 20 minutes remaining.

READ MORE:  Former Arsenal winger Jose Antonio Reyes tragically dies in traffic collision

Brighton improved in the second half but their wretched away record continued as they fell to a fifth defeat in their last eight Premier League games.

Brighton had earlier defeated United 3-2 in their first meeting under José Mourinho

But United’s first-half performance at Old Trafford on Saturday was worlds apart from that game last summer.

Solskjaer almost had the luxury of naming an unchanged line-up for back-to-back league games for the first time since December 2017, but Luke Shaw fell ill in the warm-up and Diogo Dalot took his place.

United put Brighton under relentless pressure from the off and deservedly took the lead.

It was a pulsating London derby between Arsenal and Chelsea as the home side scored twice in the first half for the first time this season to defeat their arch rival Chelsea.

Gunners earned an important win against the Blues to keep themselves in the race for the Premier League top four.

The victory moves the Emery’s side to within three points of fourth-placed Chelsea and back above Manchester United, who had gone fifth after beating Brighton.

The home side started on a very high and impressive note, when Alexandre Lacazette put Arsenal ahead in the 14th minute from Hector Bellerin’s cross with a fine first touch before turning and beating Chelsea goalkeeper Kepa Arrizabalaga at his near post with a fierce strike.

Arsenal 2-0 Chelsea.
Arsenal’s intense pressing hampered Chelsea’s ability to play the ball from the back, particularly in the first half, and the Gunners deservedly added a second through captain Laurent Koscielny in the 39th minute.

Chelsea failed to mark well enough at another set-piece and Koscielny missed a free header but the ball fortuitously looped in off his shoulder.

Maurizio Sarri’s Chelsea struggled to create in the first half but did hit the post on the stroke of half-time through Marcos Alonso’s header at a corner.

They posed greater threat in the second half but failed to have a shot on target until the 82nd minute as Arsenal’s defence, led by the excellent Koscielny, held firm.

Meanwhile Sarri who has expressed utmost disappointment has blamed his side for not being motivated enough.

“I’m extremely angry, very angry indeed, because this defeat was due to our mentality more than anything else.”

Maurizio Sarri accused his Chelsea players of being “difficult to motivate” following his side’s 2-0 defeat at Arsenal.

READ MORE:  Europa League final: Iwobi makes Arsenal’s squad to play Chelsea

Wolverhampton 4-3 Leicester City.

Wolves boss Nuno Espirito Santo was highly spirited after his side defeated a resolute Leicester City in seven goals thriller match.
Santo was sent to the stands for his part in celebrating the winner.

Prolific Diogo Jota scored a hat-trick in to snatch a thrilling victory for Wolves, who punished a dire Leicester defensive display to increase the pressure on Foxes boss Claude Puel.

A dramatic climax at Molineux produced scenes of stark contrast with Wolves boss Nuno Espirito Santo being sent to the stands for racing to celebrate the winner with his players, as Puel put his hands over his face to show the strain of defeat.

Leicester attempted to play offside in the final added minute and Jota was left unmarked to turn in a Raul Jimenez cross, moving his side to eighth in the Premier League table, a place above their opponents.

The Portuguese forward had opened the scoring by prodding home at the back post, with Ryan Bennett heading a second to prompt chants of “sacked in the morning” being aimed at Puel.

Clearly angry in the opening 45 minutes, the Leicester boss saw his side hit back within six minutes of the restart – first through Demarai Gray’s solo run and finish, and then a Conor Coady own goal.

But after digging themselves out of trouble, Leicester’s defence was again undone by a Ruben Neves long ball for Jota to power in his second, only for Wes Morgan to head a late equaliser which appeared to have earned them a point that had seemed so unlikely for much of the game.

Wolves, who beat Leicester 4-3 the last time this fixture was played in the top flight at Molineux in 2003, had other ideas and, in a chaotic finish, Jota won it with Leicester again a mess at the back.

In other results, Newcastle defeated Cardiff 3-0.
Southampton continued in their fine form with a 2-1 win over Everton.
While Westham lost to Bournemouth 2-0.
Watford and Burnley ended in a goal less draw.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *