Usually, most international students chose the UK as their study-abroad destination because of the country’s outstanding scholarship programs.
Because attending higher education in the United Kingdom can be very costly, The UK Government and Universities provide a wide variety of UK scholarships for Indian students. These financial aid options are available to all qualified Indian applicants who want to pursue a degree program in their specified field. Read on to know more about how you can access these fully funded scholarships in the U.K as a foreign student.
1. Commonwealth Masters Scholarships
The Department for International Development (DFID) in the UK grants Commonwealth Scholarships to overseas students from developing Commonwealth nations who desire to have a Master’s and Ph.D. degree.
The scholarship program includes:
- airfare to and from the UK
- a thesis grant
- supplementary funds to cover basic personal expenses
- payment for examinations, and tuition fees
2. Dr. Manmohan Singh Scholarships
One of the most well-liked fully funded scholarships in the UK for Indian students is the Dr. Manmohan Singh Scholarship. The major goal of the scholarship program is to provide financial aid for academically gifted students who want to pursue doctoral degrees in economics, social sciences, or technology.
The scholarship covers the Candidate’e flight fees, tuition fees, UK Visa, and even monthly reimbursement for any miscellaneous expenses.
- Applicant must hold a master’s degree from one of the Indian institutes with which he/she is connected.
- Applicant must be an Indian citizen
- Applicant must be above the age of 35.
- Applicant must have good proficiency English language.
- Applicant must exhibit the abilities, traits, and vision of a leader
3. British Chevening Scholarships for International Students
This scholarship is a worldwide awards program that provides full financial assistance for one-year postgraduate programs in the nation. It is ranked as one of the best scholarships in the UK for Indian students.
The British Chevening Scholarships for International Students encompasses an 8–12 week program that offers courses in a variety of subjects, including technology, news reporting, science, and cybersecurity. It covers more than 12,000 courses across 150 universities. Learn more on the Chevening website.
- Applicant must have two years of experience and a bachelor’s degree.
- Applicants must have received an offer from one of at least three UK programs.
- Applicant must have applied for at least three of these programs.
- Applicant must be proficient in the English language
4. GREAT Scholarships
The U.K Universities are offering 25 postgraduate scholarships for Indian students for the 2023–24 academic year, which covers a wide range of courses. Each scholarship is worth a minimum of £10,000, which is equal to the cost of a one-year postgraduate program in tutoring.
The GREAT Britain Campaign of the UK government, the British Council, and the UK higher education institutions are in collaboration to fund this scholarship program.
5. Felix Scholarship
The Felix Scholarship is available for disadvantaged students from India and other underdeveloped nations, giving them the chance to pursue their postgraduate studies in the UK.
- Applicant must be below 30 years of age.
- Applicant must have Indian nationality and cannot be residing or attending school outside of India at the time of application.
- Applicant must have come from an underprivileged background
- Applicants must return home to work after completing their post-graduation program.
The Rhodes Scholarship empowers gifted young people from India to study at the University of Oxford with full financial assistance. This scholarship covers both the actual stipend and the tuition at Oxford University. The stipend covered, will enable scholars to handle their living and housing costs.
The Rhodes Scholarship covers the application fee price for the University of Oxford, the cost of obtaining a student visa, the related International Health Surcharge, and 2 round-trip flights.
There are several programs, scholarships, and jobs in the UK, which are particularly popular among Indian students. In the UK, there are more than 160 institutes of higher learning. If you take the right steps and procedures, you might be able to get enrolled in one of these scholarships with little or no money.