Investigation is on top gear on the racial abuse at Raheem Sterling by some Chelsea fans during the Saturday match against Manchester city.
Some of the Chelsea fans were seen on camera yelling at Raheem sterling in what appeared to be “f**king black c**t, f**k off”while another shouted, “f**k you, you c**t”
Chelsea and the Metropolitan Police are investigating the incident of alleged racist abuse against Manchester City winger Raheem Sterling during Saturday’s Premier League match at Stamford Bridge.
Meanwhile Raheem Sterling has accused the newspaper of fuelling racism by the way they portray young black footballers.
This is coming just after he was racially abused by Chelsea fans during Chelsea’s 2-0 defeat to Manchester City at the Stamford Bridge on Saturday evening.
This has attracted so much support for the English striker.
Meanwhile Chelsea and the Metropolitan Police are currently investigating the allegations .
In a long post on Instagram sterling wrote;
“Good morning, I just want to say, I am not normally the person to talk a lot but when I think I need my point to be heard I will speak up. Regarding what was said at the Chelsea game as you can see by my reaction, I just had to laugh because I don’t expect no better. For example, you have two young players starting out there careers both play for the same team not have done the right thing which buy a new house for their mothers who have put in a lot of time and love into helping them get where they are, but look how the newspaper get their message across for the young black player and then for the young white player. In think this is unacceptable, both innocent have not a thing wrong but just by the way it has been worded. This young black kid is looked at in a bad light which helps fuel racism an aggressive behavior, so for all the newspapers that don’t understand why people are racist in this day and age all I have to say is have a second thought about fair publicity and give all players an equal chance”
In this post he cites Daily Mail headlines that featured his teammates Tosin Adarabioyo and Phil Foden buy houses for their mothers.
In the headlines the newspaper captured the headlines as follows
“Young Manchester City footballer, 20 on £25,000 per week, splashes out on mansion on market for £2.25 million despite having never started a Premier League match.”
By contrast the same newspaper captured the
midfielder Foden as follows,
“Manchester City starlet buys a £2m home for his mum”
Sterling has been at the center of attack from media and fans for a while
The Scoop has complied some of the cases where Media outlets have not just disrespected Raheem sterling they have derided his personal life.
- This was the tattoo of rifle on his leg earlier this year.
He was attacked by Sun newspaper and many football fans. He later defended the tattoo, saying it had a deeper meaning about his father who was killed in Kingston Jamaica.
- It didn’t stop there, it followed criticism for proposing to his girlfriend. The Sun described him as “Footie love rat” “ The £200,000 a week England and Man City ace gave ex-shop worker Paige Milian a huge diamond ring.” This is not the lowest The Sun had slipped
- Raheem Sterling was abused for buying his mother a house. In this publication by Independent.ie captured it as “Buying his mother a present, who does Raheem Sterling think he is?”. The article started with a ridiculing question “what’s your favourite Raheem sterling story? The publication went further to say “maybe it’s the disgusting lack of shame he showed for England ‘s Euro 2016 exit when he came home met so some friend and gave them a tour of the house which he had bought for his mother” then they went further to talk about how he doesn’t deserve his wages and other derogatory statement . written by Aidan O’ Hara
- Purchasing clothes at high-street chain Primark.Daily Star worded the headline “footie star Raheem Sterling buys clothes from PRIMARK while on £180k a week” they are not really happy that he is on £180k per week. “with his place in England’sWorld Cup squad all but assured , the diminutive winger decided to spend some of his £180,000 a week salary on some new clothes” They ended the publication with a ridiculous line , “this isn’t the first time the moneybags striker hasbeen spotted saving his money”
5. Believe it or not The sun labelled Raheem Sterling ‘footie idiot’ for no reason.
The headline goes thus,”THE FALL OF STERLING Life and times of Thre Lions footie idiot Raheem. This publication talks about how his career would be shortened and plagued with controversies
6. In 2012 Raheem sterling was called greedy for demanding pay rise after a successful season.
7. They can sink to the lowest level just to disparage Raheem. Headline reads thus, STERLING SINKS TO NEW LOW called him ‘OBSCENE RAHEEM ‘ because he bought sink for his mum.
Look at the caption “ENGLAND FAILURE” STEPS OFF PLANE AND INSULT FANS BY SHOWING BLINGING HOUSE”
- DAILY MAIL once again attacked Raheem Sterling for taking low budget airline. This is the same person they have accused of showing off and bragging about his wealth.
9. DAILY STAR obviously cannot stop picking on Raheem Sterling. They worded the headline Man City ace Raheem sterling drives FILTHY £50K Mercedes.
10.Raheem was called RAT again by THE SUN for hanging out with a friend on holiday. They captured it “Prem rat of the Caribbean” “RAHEEM DITCHES LOVER FOR 2 GIRLS”
11. DAILY MAIL is not backing down on their attack on Sterling. In this publication they are smirking that he missed out on PFA Awards and how dare him eat a breakfast when he didn’t win Young Player of the Year.
12. Daily Star attacks Sterling for buying batteries from Poundland.
13. DAILY STAR is not giving up the title to DAILY MAIL. Maybe there is something evil Sterling has done to any print with “daily” on its name. Look at the headline!
14. THE SUN will never stop meddling into the Raheem’s affairs. It is now a crime to go on two holidays in one week.
15. THE SUN is taking this crown from DAILY MAIL and DAILYSTAR. The have an exclusive on Raheem on ‘’HIPPY CRACK” for just blowing balloon probably for his kid.
16. Still from THE SUN the “car sellers”. They know every price of Raheem’s car. They described his career as SHORT. Written by Jon Boon
17. Poor Raheem, he didn’t know that his tattooed gun on his leg stabbed two teenagers.
18. Even after Raheem had cleared the air on why he has tattooed gun on his leg, THE SUN is taking the attack deeper into his personal life. They indeed “STER IT UP”
20. The Sun uses the father of murdered 10year old Damilola Taylor to speak out against Raheem.
21. This is a total war declaration from the DAILY MAIL.” It is either you win the world cup or we will hound you forever”! Jeff Powel declares “The only way Sterling will escape the STORM is to inspire England to world cup glory in Russia.
22. The telegraph just decided to use Raheem Sterling picture to write about the story of underpaying workers in Bangladesh. How convenient!
23. THE SUN is not leaving any thing behind. They dedicated almost a full back page on England vs Nigeria with a screaming headline “ I’M SORRY FOR THE LATE SHOW’ “Sterling apologises to 3 Lions squad for missing the deadline”.
24. THE STAR is not happy that Gareth backs Raheem on the gun tattoo.
25. THE MAIL couldn’t resist to join the hate campaign. It seems to be attractive. He is being roasted,because his late showing to training.
26. Even with an assist from Raheem sterling and a win for England against Nigeria in a friendly game BBC’s headline after the game leaves much to be desired.
27. The Sunday Times decided to join and decided to ignore England’s win, and instead run a spiteful headline on Sterling “FALL GUY” “Sterling shoots himself on the foot again as he’s booked for diving in England 2-1 win over Nigeria #astonishing.
28. THE STAR with another back page of negativity “STER CRAZY” Southgate’s new falling out with Raheem”
29. DAILY MAIL ignored the fact that England won on penalty shoot out, to get to the quarter finals in World Cup. Take a look at this shameful headline with those highlighted with the bullets. “But he was shoved aside by the giant defender that is Colombia’s Yerry Mina” “it was up to England’s penalty heroes to make sure Sterling gets another chance”
30. Raheem Sterling dares not enjoy ice cream with his fiancée after the world cup devastation. England were beaten on extra time of the semifinal.
31. Fansided decided to be very silly, they decided to use Raheem Sterling picture with Pennant image blurring behind Sterling. They wish he was the one so they can roast him. Jermaine Pennant is accused of cheating on his partner in Big Brother.
32.The DAILY MAIL watched and reported a different match when Raheem scored 2 goals in their 3-2 win in Spain. They are more interested in his misses during the warm-up!
33. Raheem sterling was an unused substitute is what the Observer starts their match report with…
34. This is very ridiculous!Mail Sports is not happy that Raheem Sterling arrives Manchester City training with “fully paid” hat!
35.Daily Mirror isn’t comfortable that Raheem sterling buys £15,000 guard dog to protect his family at £2million mansion.
36. STAR SPORTS is back with another spiteful headline on Raheem. During Manchester City 3-1 win over Manchester United. “SHOW OFF” “Pep’s blast for showboating Sterling”!
There are so many other publications that are very tasteless on Raheem Sterling. Unfortunately for them they have made a Hero out of Sterling with all these constant attacks.
Racism in football is something the people in authority should take seriously and not just lip services.
Lord Ousele, founder of the campaign group “kick it out” says racism in football needs to be dealt with “at the top” in a press statement release online; he said
“what happened at Chelsea shows what is still going on in football.
Where is Richard Scundamore where is Greg Clarke , where is Chelsea‘s chairman they should have been talking out last night and it has to dealt with at the top we have already made comment already about the way Raheem Sterling has been treated differently by the media. The print often target not just black players but all footballers
Raheem Sterling has received bad press over the last few years because of his lifestyle, and clearly, there are issues from potential stories adding to prejudice and I have every sympathy for him.
Players know if they are abused in any way they have to tell referee. It was awful. All players know the referee can remove those people. It didn’t appear to me he told the referee in the first place”